Latest DevelopmentsLatest Developments
Five months after our last release, 0.3.0b, and over 2500 CVS commits/adds later, the ScummVM team proudly presents ScummVM 0.4.0.
The following is an overview of what's new in 0.4.0:
- Curse of Monkey Island (comi) support (experimental)
- Added support for the EGA versions of Loom, Monkey Island and Indy3
- Improved music support in Indy3 and the floppy versions of Monkey Island
- Many Simon the Sorcerer 1 & 2 improvements and fixes
- Very pre-alpha Beneath a Steel Sky code. Don't expect it to do anything (in fact it is disabled in the 0.4.0 release, but you can get it by compiling ScummVM yourself).
- Even more pre-alpha support for enhanced versions of V2 SCUMM games (Maniac Mansion and Zak)
- Preliminary support for early Humongous Entertainment titles (very experimental)
- New debug console and several GUI/Launcher enhancements
- New Save/Load code (easier to expand while retaining compatibility)
- Dreamcast port now works with new games added for 0.3.0b
- New official PalmOS port
- Various minor and not so minor SCUMM game fixes
- Large memory leak fixed for The Dig/COMI
- SMUSH code optimised, frame dropping added for slower machines
- Code cleanups
The source code, as well as binaries for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, PocketPC, Solaris and PalmOS are already available at our download page. Other binaries for MorphOS, Dreamcast and others, will follow shortly.
We hope you will enjoy the best ScummVM ever!