It has been almost a year since the last release of ScummVM. We have made a truly tremendous number of changes, which you can read about in the NEWS.md file. We need your help to test this version!
Besides the list of games to test before the release, the most notable things to test are:
- UTF-32 support in the GUI, allowing for full Japanese and Korean translations. (Also, you are welcome to help with translation into more languages).
- Support for HiDPI (aka Retina) displays in the GUI. No more fuzzy fonts.
- A significant rewrite of the Nintendo DS port, bringing it up to date with the latest engines and features.
- 3D engines formerly part of ResidualVM. Games like Grim Fandango, The Longest Journey and Myst III: Exile need a playthrough.
- In total, 12 new engines and general changes to 24 more engines.
For running the games you will need the latest stable build of ScummVM. Then, load up some games and report issues in the issue tracker and playthrough progress on this forum post so we could keep track of the progress on the Wiki.