After a very long break, we are finally starting preparations for our next release, ScummVM 1.8.0.
The last one year and a half have been very busy, and we added 10 (ten, zehn, dieci, dix, diez, десять) new games:
- Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender
- Zork Nemesis: The Forbidden Lands
- Zork: Grand Inquisitor
- The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Serrated Scalpel
- The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Rose Tattoo
- Beavis and Butthead in Virtual Stupidity
- Amazon: Guardians of Eden
- Broken Sword 2.5: The Return of the Templars
- Labyrinth of Time
Also, we had a major rewrite of the AGI engine, so all AGI games should work better, but could also have new, unexpected bugs.
Thus, we need your help with testing out these games, including AGI-based ones. For your convenience, we gathered together what requires testing on our wiki. There are also a few other old classics on that list that could use another run through.
You need to grab a daily build of ScummVM and you may start helping right away! If you happen to find any bugs, please report them on our bug tracker. After completing one of the games, please let us know on the forums so we can mark your progress on the wiki and other players can concentrate on untested games. Please be sure to follow our guidelines for release testing, which can be found here.
Also some of these games require screenshots, which you can make along your gameplay.
Happy adventuring (in a test mode)!